The sense of one’s self!
The sense of importance!
We all have an ego; it is essential in all of our lives. We all need a degree of narcissism in our lives to be successful. Many of us display the traits of NPD or Narcissistic Personality Disorder; the majority have been able to suppress them. For the other section, which is not able to control these traits, it can be disastrous.
- Grandiose sense of self-importance.
- Lives in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur.
- Needs constant praise and admiration.
- Sense of entitlement.
- Exploits others without guilt or shame.
- Frequently demeans, intimidates, bullies, or belittles others.
- Lack of empathy towards others
- Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of them
- A demonstration of arrogant and haughty behaviours or attitudes
Ego or narcissist, which one am I? I believe that I am stuck in between both. I took an online test knowing the traits of a narcissist; I already knew what areas would be higher scoring than the other categories. So my score was not a surprise.
I also allowed my oldest daughter to take the test. Of course, she scored a lot lower than me. The difference between both of us comes down to life experience. All I have gone through in life has built up on my ego. It has made me more energetic, confident, and deliberate.
The other reason for my high score was the questions. You have to pick from one side or the other; there was no in-between. For example, one of the questions was, “I get embarrassed if I receive compliments, or I look for compliments” Well, I do not get embarrassed, nor do I look for compliments, but there was no third option. I could not pick “I get embarrassed if I receive compliments” I had to go with the other option, which in turn made my score much higher.
If you take the test, comment on what your score was and your thoughts