After two weeks, the first stage of the loft bed is completed.

My two little ones share a room, with it being so small, I came up with an idea to build a loft bed that would equal a space saver. It took no time to build the frame, aka 7 hours later!

I wanted to make sure that it was sturdy enough that I could jump around on it and it would go nowhere, that was a check. The next thing I wanted was lots of colours. Bedrooms are so dull and boring. I wanted the bed to BOEING!

I have to admit, the creative artist in me was right; the patience in me was not impressed! I had to paint a little, let it dry… 10 days later πŸ˜ͺ

Then came the epoxy coats, artist and patience love the result. It did take a full day to dry for each layer, which I did 4, but it is going to be so worth it in the long run.

So far, I have only spent 130$ on the wood and screws, plus the epoxy resin 125$. I still have to build the steps, bins and buy plastic buckets. Estimating this project to cost me 450$ in the end.

My fur baby wanted a scratch post
Advertisements

5 Comments

Leave a Reply